Some personal tips regarding detoxing/healing, what is working for me.
This post was updated on .
I think it might vary from person to person what is going to help them the most. I have been suffering for years and I think only lately am I seeing how important diet and your vitamin/minerals in the body. This is what has helped me, I have found no matter how hard I may try to detox without getting to the root of the problem it hasn’t helped much.
1. Its good to get your blood tested. A functional doctor can take very extensive blood tests and show you the IDEAL ranges and help PREVENT disease. They will also run other tests to try go get to the root of your illness so you can strengthen your body, heal and in the process become stronger to deal with EMFs. I had my tests done a few months ago and learned I was low on Vit D, B12 and some other minerals. Of course in this state my body isn’t going to handle a lot of detoxing well nor just functioning in general. In the course of the last 2 months I have seen more progress than before.
2. Supplements to make sure you get everything your body needs. A good multi supplement with all your essential vitamins and minerals will help as it can be hard to get everything from your diet. Also Vitamin C (you can take a lot. You can see the other thread about Vit C). If your body is lacking necessary nutrients its not going to do well with detoxing either.
3. The diet your body needs may depend on your blood type and DNA. As an O blood type they recommend lots of fruits veggies and protein, low carb/gluten, low dairy. Personally I am cutting out almost all carbs and dairy right now. Try to get as much organic, non gmo as possible. If you aren’t getting the most nutrition from your diet and are malnourished you aren’t going to detox well. Since I started eating more protein and meat I have been doing a lot better and able to gain some weight back. My previous doctor was practically starving me on a diet of mainly fruits and veggies. I keep a food journal to track my calories to make sure I am eating enough and not skipping meals. I have a tendency to not be hungry and in order to stay healthy have to push myself to eat my meals so I get my needed nutrition, calories and not lose weight (I had dropped to about 110 lbs). Finally been able to gain weight, now at 115.
4. Healing your digestive tract. Cleansing and healing this will help you get the nutrition from your food and help you detox better. If you aren’t eliminating well this is a good place to focus on until you have good regular bowel movements. Your efforts to detox won’t work too well if your body can’t eliminate the toxins through the bowels. In fact you will probably just feel worse. I am healing with a supplement powder called RepairVite ($45).
5. For added detox and nutrition veggie juice is great. I used to make my own, but it became quite cumbersome so for the moment I buy my juice from Costco. I buy Daily Greens which is organic cold pressed and a pretty good value, you get 9 bottles of 12 ounce juices for $18.99. Normally the juices are about $4 each so if you bought individually it would be $36. Buying in bulk allows you to get them for about $2 each as a daily drink that has 7 servings of fruits and veggies. I think they taste a lot better than most juices available. I have tried many others like Suja and Evolution.
Following these things I am seeing greater progress and feeling improved! :)
Within the next few months I am going to get my DNA tested through my functional doctor. I will let you know how that goes, but I have been waiting and wanting to get it done as a means to get to the root and check for DNA mutations/ MTHFR problems. They also have DNA testing for Lyme.
Re: Some personal tips regarding detoxing/healing, what is working for me.
Hi Super Laura, great and clear summary of helpful things, thank you!
I'm AB type, and also of your opinion (that veggies are still the best, instead of loading with too many animal proteins...) . AB type means almost nothing, 'experts' don't know exactly what we are supposed to eat, anyway....
I'm interested in Repairvite. What is there inside the supplement, would you know it?
thank you, and good continuation on your journey!!