Never made a detox drink though but I use cilantro daily and I can tell you for a fact it's very good at keeping the body clean on a base level. I also use oregano often too in food but not daily. I may start using cinnamon more often again since that's also very good for you but not too much or too little because it tends to over time gunk you up inside because it's so drying.
hello, i have been suffering from this garbage for about 5 years now, 3 of which ive been winning. i have been feeling better for about a year and a half now. Bannanas and fresh fruit on a daily basis helped alot when i first started feeling better. At the begining of this year (2018) I started doing a heavy metal detox smothie (for about 4 months now) im able to handle alot more of rads then before.
The smothis are 2 organic bannanas + Wild Bluberries +barley grass (table spoon about) + hawaian spirulina (tablespoon about) i fill it with apple cider and throw it on blend... 2 pitchers of that a day has me feeling better and better.. lots of garlic lots of onions!
Dave Asprey (from Bulletproof) says garlic can have a brain fog effect on some people. He says he proved it with brain scans before and after ingesting garlic.
Cilantro has chelating properties and that should be taken into consideration if using lots of it for long periods of time. It can remove essential minerals as well as the bad stuff.
Too much fruit isn't good due to the spike in blood sugar levels. Berries are better.
A good addition to a detox drink would be some zeolite. Amazing for detox.
Dr. Zach Bush and Dr. Mercola are talking a lot about cellular dehydration and that we are almost all dehydrated. Blue light and EMF's dehydrate the body on a cellular level. They say it doesn't help to just drink more water as it is not taken into the cell where it's needed. With poor cellular hydration, you can't detoxify. They suggest lots of magnesium in many forms because these are almost all magnesium salts which are electrolytes, and help to improve cellular hydration. They also said it takes 'months' to do, it doesn't happen overnight. There were other tips but that's a whole topic on it's own.
I also like that detox juices he proposes. I dislike the spirulina taste, so I take it separately with barley grass.
The best detox drink so far though, is Liposomal vit C, that I'm diluting in water.
The effect is soo strong, it's almost unbelievable.
But as nutrition, the best is what you're doing, with lots of variation of fruits.
Gina I love what he is doing! he is giving hope to the hopeless! Anthony William is the author of some good reading material if anyone else is interested, Thank you for the tip of the other detox i will have to try it sometime!
I think it might vary from person to person what is going to help them the most. I have been suffering for years and I think only lately am I seeing how important diet and your vitamin/minerals in the body. This is what has helped me, for me it has been better to try to get to the root first.
1. Its good to get your blood tested. A functional doctor can take blood tests and show you the IDEAL ranges and help PREVENT disease. I learned I was low on Vit D, B12 and some other minerals. Of course in this state my body isn’t going to handle a lot of detoxing well.
2. Supplements to make sure you get everything your body needs. A good multi supplement with all your essential vitamins and minerals will help as it can be hard to get everything from your diet. Also Vitamin C (you can take a lot. You can see the other thread about Vit C). If your body is lacking necessary nutrients its not going to do well with detoxing either.
3. The diet your body needs may depend on your blood type and DNA. As an O blood type they recommend lots of fruits veggies and protein, low carb/gluten, low dairy. Personally I am cutting out almost all carbs and dairy right now. Try to get as much organic, non gmo as possible. If you aren’t getting the most nutrition from your diet and are malnourished you aren’t going to detox well.
4. Healing your digestive tract. Cleansing and healing this will help you get the nutrition from your food and help you detox better. If you aren’t eliminating well this is a good place to focus on until you had good regular bowel movements. Your efforts to detox won’t work too well if your body can’t eliminate the toxins through the bowels.
5. For added detox and nutrition veggie juice is great. I used to make my own, but it became quite cumbersome so for the moment I buy my juice from Costco. I buy Daily Greens which is organic cold pressed and a pretty good value, you get 9 bottles of 12 ounce juices for $18.99. Normally the juices are about $4 each so if you bought individually it would be $36. Buying in bulk allows you to get them for about $2 each as a daily drink that has 7 servings of fruits and veggies. I think they taste a lot better than most juices available. I have tried many others like Suja and Evolution.
6. It sounds like you have some good things in your drinks which will have benefits as well. I definitely enjoy some of the super food type shots you can buy at Wholefoods type stores. I have seen orange juice turmeric shots for ridiculous prices, would be really easy to make with fresh turmeric root blended with orange juice.